Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Play sounds when events happen, customizable.
Version 2.1 only has a small set of functions, currently:
- Download start, complete, failed events
- Firefox startup
- Back / Forward navigation
- Copy, cut
- HTTP request completed
** Below are description for legacy versions (< 2.0, for Firefox < 57) **
Supports events which can be captured by:
You can specify sound files by:
- String "beep" to play a platform-dependent beep.
- Local wav file, like: "C:\WINDOWS\Media\ding.wav"
- chrome wav file, like: "chrome://global/content/notfound.wav"
Noise also lets events below to send notification. So we can capture them by observe these topics:
- Findbar wrapped (noise-TypeAheadFind.FIND_WRAPPED)
- Toggle sidebar (noise-toggleSidebar)
- Alert notificationbox (noise-alert-loaded)
- Start navigation (noise-WebProgress-start) learned much from PopupSound extension
- Stop navigation (noise-WebProgress-stop)
- Change location (noise-WebProgress-locationChange)
- Download events (noise-dl.add/remove/stop/error) for Firefox 26 and above.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.