Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
SeLite Hands-on GUI
This productivity add-on is affected by Firefox defect "tree.inputField's type as autocomplete fails". Vote for that bug, please.
Your vote is essential. Otherwise Mozilla may take years to fix it. Please, also vote for http://selite.github.io/ThirdPartyIssues.
SeLite Hands-on GUI is an extension of Selenium IDE. See http://selite.github.io/ and http://selite.github.io/Components.
It makes Selenium IDE GUI more practical:
- you can edit commands and comments an 'in place' by clicking at them (where they are listed). In order to edit 'in place'
- click at a cell, or
- select a row (more below), then hit Enter or I or M, or
- edit another cell, then hit TAB or Shift+TAB.
- After you select a row, you can use key shortcuts 'I' and 'M' to insert new command and comment, respectively, and to edit it 'in place'. (Similarly, pressing I or M in right click context menu goes to edit 'in place'). New commands or comments come with initial indentation.
- 'Command' cell (of commands, i.e. non-comments) operates with autocomplete dropdown.
- 'Target' cell (of commands, i.e. non-comments) overflows to the right (if there is nothing in 'Value' cell), which lets you see long selectors.
- Sometimes auto-complete of command names doesn't work when editing 'in place'. Workaround: Use the detailed edit area.
- Editing 'in place' doesn't mark the test case as modified, and (therefore) the change doesn't get saved if you press Ctrl+S while still editing the cell. You need to 'confirm' the change by e.g. focusing away from the cell, or by hitting Enter. Only then save the test case.
Backwards compatibility: Selecting whole row
You can still benefit from classic Selenium IDE operations with command/comment rows (such as key shortcuts to insert or delete row, copy or paste rows, to toggle breakpoints...). In order to select a row, click (or right-click) at it and hit ESC. If you'd like to execute a command, double-click at its first column (Command).
Don't report any issues here (through Mozilla). Use http://selite.github.io/TroubleShooting.
Get more value
You may benefit from other components of SeLite family. It
- improves Selenium IDE,
- enables reuse,
- supports reporting and interaction,
- facilitates team work.
Please, give moral support. Vote for third party issues. Only then SeLite can progress faster.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.