Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
New: Groovesharks global keyboard shortcuts in Windows
Status of keySharky (as of May 11th, 2011)
If you don't like default keyboard shortcuts, you can change them by going to Tools > Add-ons, scrolling to keySharky item and clicking Preferences. Now in keySharky Options window, click inside input box of shortcut you want to change (so it has focus) and then press any allowed keyboard combo. If it is valid, it should change immediately for your usage pleasure :)
Default "Playback control" keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Z to Play/Pause selected song
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + X to Stop playing song
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + A to select previous song in playlist
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + D to select next song in playlist
Default "Current song" keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl + Alt + S to favorite it
- Ctrl + Alt + R to remove it from queue
- Ctrl + Alt + A to vote up :)
- Ctrl + Alt + Z to vote down :(
- Ctrl + Alt + Q to reset vote
Default "Sound Control" keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl + Shift + M to mute
- Ctrl + Shift + . to increase volume
- Ctrl + Alt + , to decrease volume
API server (for advanced users)
keySharky API server ( internally known as gsAPI ) listens to HTTP 1.1 requests ( to specified port, with default tunned to 8800 ), those can be used to remotely control Grooveshark player interface, who is siting inside Firefox. More info.
Note: to successfully use one of these keyboard shortcuts, be sure that focus isn't on flash object (like Grooveshark player). If keyboard shortcuts aren't working, you can try to assign your own ones in keySharky Options window or open new empty tab and try from there.
Issues? Report them in http://github.com/intarstudents/keySharky/issues
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.