Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
If you face problems with display of direct image URL or plugins on Firefox ESR (52) please try version 0.4.5a and have closer look at the release notes.
The different block modes are:
- block readout API: All websites not on the white list or black list can use the canvas API to display something on the page, but the readout API is not allowed to return values to the website.
- fake readout API: Canvas Blocker's default setting, and my favorite! All websites not on the white list or black list can use the canvas API to display something on the page, but the readout API is forced to return a new random value each time it is called.
- fake at input: on display of text the drawn pixels get modified slightly. This makes the detection of the add-on harder but is less secure. On WebGL-canvas the behaviour is identical to "fake readout API".
- ask for readout API permission: All websites not on the white list or black list can use the canvas API to display something on the page, but the user will be asked if the website should be allowed to use the readout API each time it is called.
- block everything: Ignore all lists and block the canvas API on all websites.
- allow only white list: Only websites in the white list are allowed to use the canvas API.
- ask for permission: If a website is not listed on the white list or black list, the user will be asked if the website should be allowed to use the canvas API each time it is called.
- block only black list: Block the canvas API only for websites on the black list.
- allow everything: Ignore all lists and allow the canvas API on all websites.
Please report issues and feature requests at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.