Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Google Docs Viewer (PDF, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, etc...)
To open a publicly accessible file, right click on a hyperlink and then click "Open Link in Google Docs Viewer".
Supported File Formats of Google Docs Viewer:
* Adobe PDF (.PDF)
* Microsoft Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
* Microsoft Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
* Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT, .PPTX)
* Apple Pages (.PAGES)
* Adobe Illustrator (.AI)
* Adobe Photoshop (.PSD)
* Autodesk AutoCad (.DXF)
* Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
* PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
* TrueType (.TTF)
* XML Paper Specification (.XPS)
* Tagged Image File Format (.TIF, .TIFF)
* Archive file types (.ZIP and .RAR)
* Text and Markup/COde (.TXT, .CSS, .HTML, .PHP, .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .JS)
Unlike similar plugins,
- The add-on is written with extensive care to minimize footprints.
- The add-on works on bookmarked hyperlinks. (in response to kfdickey's and ffffffffffffffffff's comments)
- We preserve the integrity of web documents by not rewriting URLs. The risk of messing up your important websites is eliminated.
- The add-on works with all URLs returned by Google search results. We also accept URLs that don't appear to be among the supported file types (ex., http://example.com/?getpdf=12345). What you need to do is to simply confirm an additional dialog indicating that you want to view it intentionally.
- We are pro-security in the sense that the intended protocol of a viewing file is always honored. For instance, you'll connect to the Google Docs Viewer over HTTPS if a file is found at https://example.com/file.pdf . So, eavesdropper doesn't know what file you're viewing as with your default file viewer.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.