Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Live Stream Notifier
Catching a stream is hard, unless you have the channel page constantly open or live on Twitter. Live Stream Notifier checks the status of your favorite streamers in the background while you do other things and shows you a notification when they go live.
There are many power-user oriented features:
- Sometimes you miss a notification, which is why you can access all streams ordered by status from a handy button in the toolbar.
- You can also know when the title changes, the stream goes offline or the broadcaster starts to redirect (host) to another stream or replays an older broadcast.
- The popup from the toolbar button also offers an explore tab, where you can find popular streams from multiple platforms.
- Filter the list of channels in the panel, because you follow every streamer in the world.
- A context menu on channels, that lets you jump to their chat or copy their URL with a custom pattern around it (defaults to just the URL).
- A channel manager that lets you easily add channels a user follows or mass-remove hundreds of channels at once.
- All notification types are individually disableable.
If the extension is running in an environment where Firefox supports parental controls it will hide mature content when possible.
Feedback and help
Full usage guides and a brief FAQ can be found in the Help section of the extension website.
For feedback and support by a human, there is a Mozilla Discourse thread or you can use one of the communication methods listed in the Contact section of the extension website. Feel free to contact me for feature suggestions, to ask about configuration tips, report issues or get trouble-shooting help.
Supported streaming platforms
- (DouyuTV is currently broken)
- livestream (new and old site)
Find a more detailed list on streamnotifier.ch/providers
- Access browser tabs: Decide if a notification needs to be shown, switch to already opened tabs of streams when opening them
- Display notifications to you: To show notifications when channel states change and when a channel is copied to the clipboard or an error occurs within the extension
- storage: To save the extension settings
- alarms: To update channel statuses regularly
- Input data to the clipboard: Copy channel URL in a predefined pattern to the clipboard, copy debugging information
- Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history: Export settings, channels and users
- Monitor extension usage and manage themes: Detect the presence of Streamlink Helper
- Store unlimited amount of client-side data: Ensure the database is not deleted
- Access your data for "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/*": Check the status of YouTube channels
- Access your data for "https://livestream.com/api/*": Check the status of livestream.com channels
- Access your data for "https://tmi.twitch.tv/*": Check the hosting status of Twitch channels
- Access your data for "http://www.ustream.tv/*": Add UStream channels by username
- Access your data for "http://*.api.channel.livestream.com/2.0/*": Check the status of old livestream channels
- Access your data for "https://www.majorleaguegaming.com/api/*": Check the status of MLG.tv channels
- Access your data for "https://streamapi.majorleaguegaming.com/service/streams/*": Get info of MLG.tv channels
See https://support.mozilla.org/kb/permission-request-messages-firefox-extensions for explanations what permissions allow an extension to do in general.
This extension is available in English, French and German with partial support for Russian and Spanish (Mexico). To help with translating the extension, check out the "Developer's Comments" section below the reviews.
Check out the development channel at the bottom of the page for in-development versions with experimental features.
If you want sounds for you notifications and Firefox doesn't make a sound by default, you can use the Notification Sound extension to get a sound whenever a notification is displayed.
If you run into a bug, please either post in the discourse thread, send me an e-Mail to the support e-Mail or file an issue on GitHub.
Same as for Bugs.
To translate register on Transifex and add your translation to this project: https://www.transifex.com/freaktechnik/live-stream-notifier . See the CONTRIBUTING.md for more detailed instructions.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.