Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Ad-blocker for Gmail
This extension allows you to:
- Hide Gmail ads on the right, so that the message takes up the entire width of the screen (even in a new window).
- Hide the ads that appear below the message.
- Hide the useless links that appear at the bottom of the page, and only show the useful ones.
- Hide the "Invite a friend" box on the left.
- Decrease the width of the "Compose mail" textarea (plain text only) to behave like it used to in older versions of Gmail (plain text textarea used to be the same width as the fake textarea displayed at the bottom of an email before you click on it to reply).
See http://doiop.com/gmailads for more information (in French).
Some things to keep in mind:
- You will need to reload Gmail after you install this addon.
- When Gmail's code changes, I try to update this extension as soon as possible. However, it can take up to 5 days for the automatic update to trigger, because any new version of this extension needs to be reviewed by the Firefox team first. But if there is an update, you can still get it manually before the review happens. Simply go to this page and get the latest version: http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ad-blocker-for-gmail/versions.
- The best way to know when an update is available is to subscribe to the RSS feed on http://doiop.com/gmailads.
Looking for the Google Chrome extension? http://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/coibnogmjcpbccgjofoiklnfpbbjbapo
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.