Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
The add-on allows you to follow the memory usage and garbage/cycle collector activities of Firefox directly in the add-on bar. There is no need to poll 'about:memory' or scrape GC/CC messages in the Error Console. You experience strange behavior? Then enable the logging and all activities will get written to a log file inside the memchaser sub folder of your Firefox profile.
As you can see in the image a couple of values are displayed. In the following you will find the description of elements from left to right:
- Resident: Memory mapped by the process that is present in physical memory. It is equivalent to "Working Set (Memory)" in Windows 7 Task Manager, "Memory Usage" in WinXP Task Manager, and "Real Mem" in OS X Activity Monitor.
- GC: Duration of the last Garbage Collector activity and in brackets the time when the second last activity happened.
- CC: Duration of the last Cycle Collector activity and in brackets the time when the second last activity happened.
- Logging: Starts and stops the internal logger, which writes out the current memory usage and GC/CC activities to a log file, which can be found in the memchaser sub directory of your Firefox profile.
- Dark Personas or Themes cause an unreadable text in the add-on bar. It requires a fix in the Add-on SDK (bug 718015)
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.