Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Tranquility Reader is a Firefox extension that improves the readability of web articles.
Tranquility removes unnecessary elements in a webpage, and provides a simple and tranquil reading experience. Similar functionality is available through Readability or iReader or "Reader Mode" in Firefox. Please try the built in "Reader Mode" first and then consider Tranquility Reader only if some of the features available only in Tranquility Reader are critical for you.
To use tranquility you can:
- Click on the navigation-bar icon to transform the page in the Desktop Version
- Select the "Tranquility!" menu option from the toolbar menu on Android
- Compatible with NoScript
- Save content offline for reading later. The tranquility view is saved locally on your computer
- Ability to export/import the offline content.
- Ability to customize default font, font-size, font color, background color, and width of the reading area (you can use https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp to pick a suitable color code - thanks to user JA for feedback on this)
- Create and manage your own preset configuration of the various options/preferences
- Add/edit notes/annotations to portions of the offline content; collate annotations with context for a summary of all your notes and annotations.
- Unobtrusive Menu at the bottom of the screen (displayed on clicking on the (+) symbol on the bottom right corner of the screen) provides additional features
- Additional links are now available through a "More Links" button in the Menu at the bottom of the screen
- Left clicking on a link in the Tranquility view will also open the link URL in the Tranquility view in the current tab
- Firefox for AndroidOS is supported from version 3.0.5 - please check the release notes for this version for limitations on AndroidOS.
- Transform only a portion of the webpage by highlighting the text and then running Tranquility (right click context menu option - "Tranquilize Selection". Available from 3.0.7; not supported on AndroidOS.)
License & Copyright:
Tranquility is provided under GPLv3 license.
Copyright (C) 2012-2018 Arun Kunchithapatham
Please send any feedback, bug reports, enhancement requests at the listed support website or leave a review with details in the comment.
Release Notes are available via the support website listed
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.