Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Parasite is a simple extension that enables switching the same page between hosting environments. In other words, open the same file path on a different domain name. Useful when working on a Web project that has multiple hosts/staging servers.
Browse your live website: http://www.your-website.com/about/my-page.html
Select another environment from the host list, e.g. 'LOCAL'
Firefox then opens the same page on the selected host: http://localhost/about/my-page.html
- Hold CTRL to open in a new tab.
- Hold SHIFT to open in a new window.
- Label and re-order hosts as required.
- Query string parameters and hashes supported.
- Add as many hosts as you like in the options. Currently only supports one project (multiple projects available in future version).
Many more features to come!
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.