Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
This addon adds useful Ruby on Rails debugging information to Firebug's Network Tab, that is:
- the Rails log for a given request;
- SQL queries with backtrace (in-place run/EXPLAIN functionality on the way);
- the ActionView template tree;
- the server environment and request variables.
It depends on a Rails plugin, rack-bug, more specifically - on my branch of rack-bug of it which was patched to support RailsBug.
Advantages over rack-bug, rails-footnotes and other similar plugins
- Fully supports XHR requests. You'll see RailsBug data on each and every request to the application.
- Does not mess with page body. This means you can debug requests that render text, XML, images... whatever!
- Uses the great and familiar Firebug UI.
Note: Firebug is required to use RailsBug. Duh.
Another note: at this moment RailsBug is a weekend hack. Requests for improvements are welcome here or on GitHub.
GitHub project page
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.