Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
SSLPersonas changes Firefox's theme according to the security status of the currently opened web site. It uses Lightweight Themes that ship with the add-on.
There are currently 5 different modes (ordered by security level starting with the most secure):
- Extended Validation: A green theme appears whenever a site uses a valid certificate that includes additional information about the owner
- Standard Validation: A blue theme is shown whenever site use standard certificates. Secure - no more, no less.
- Certificate Warnings: Some web sites generally use SSL encrypted connections, but request some unencrypted content. Whenever this is the case, a purple theme is presented to the user.
- Unencrypted Connection: Web sites that use the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), trigger a white theme. A lot of websites do not have certificates, so you will see this quite often. Since these sites are easily eavesdropped, you can also choose to view the Red Theme in the options.
- Normal window: Firefox's default theme is used for content that is neither loaded via HTTP nor HTTPS, e.g. through the file:// protocol.
Your feedback is welcome!
I love hearing from you. In your message, please include how experienced you are with internet usage and how long you have been using SSLPersonas. Thanks!
Thanks to: Max Emanuel Maurer, Alexander De Luca, Martin Esche, Ralf ;)
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.