Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Bit Torrent WebUI+
This Firefox extension allows you to simply click a torrent or magnet link and have it automatically uploaded to your Bit Torrent client through your preferred web interface. This is especially useful if you do a lot of browsing on a different computer than the one which is running your Bit Torrent client.
The addon can be enabled/disabled easily by clicking the status icon to switch between local or remote torrent handling.
Source code is maintained on GitHub:
Please report any bugs or feature requests there.
- Vuze and Azureus are supported through the following Remote Control plugins
- AzSMRC (no magnet support)
- HTML WebUI
- Swing WebUI (no magnet support)
- ruTorrent webui for rTorrent
- Transmission BT
- Be aware this addon is for use with WebUI interfaces and does not work with uTorrent Remote.
uTorrent 3.0 still supports enabling classic WebUI interfaces through the options.
- Deluge magnet support requires Deluge 1.3.5 or greater.
- ruTorrent and deluge installations can be configured with the path option. Be aware that the path is case sensitive.
- Make sure you are running the latest version to get all the supported features. If the version has not been reviewed by Mozilla you may be required to manually update to that version using the links below.
- The addon does work in Firefox 29+ however the icon does not change state correctly when the addon is enabled/disabled and there have been problems with saving the settings. I have removed FF 29+ from the compatibility lists for now to avoid complaints about the bugs but users can still install it if they accept the limitation. I am working on a new version for FF29+ and mobile devices.
- Thanks go to http://www.kphservices.com for the free seedbox they donated for client testing.
This version is an update on the author developed version available here:
- Added support for qBittorrent
(Note qBT webui does not have different torrent add responses so add reply will always show successful if it connects to server correctly)
- Fixed magnet links after relocating preferences in previous version
- Added ability to specify unique path locations for webui servers
- Relocated preference settings to correct extensions branch
- Fixed bug in magnet handler
- Fixed Add Torrent success check for ruTorrent
- Added ruTorrent support including magnet links
(Thanks go to Anton Baranau for providing the code for the ruTorrent dispatcher)
- Added better Transmission BT support
- Added magnet link support for Transmission BT clients
- Added magnet link support for Deluge. (Requires Deluge 1.3.5 or greater)
- Added support for magnet links for Utorrent and Vuze/Azureus HTML plugin.
- Fixed missing alert icons
- Added sound effect when adding torrents (optional setting).
- Preparation for support of magnet links
- Improved debug handling
- Minor bug fixes
- Toolbar icon added for Firefox 4+ compatibility.
- Statusbar icon can be disabled via addon preferences to use customisable toolbar icon instead.
- Updated for Firefox 4+ compatibility
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added feature to open WebUI GUI page by middle clicking taskbar icon.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.