Dr.Web Link Checker is a free extension that can instantly scan webpages and files downloaded from the Internet, and block website attempts to monitor user activity and display advertisements.
If, for some reason, you have not yet entrusted Dr.Web products to defend your computers, use Dr.Web Link Checker, and surf the World Wide Web without fear of virus attacks, phishing attempts, and annoying ads!
Dr.Web Link Checker’s automatic features
• Protects against phishing attempts and virus infections in social networks (VKontakte, Facebook, and Google+). External links in social networks are scanned automatically, and then a warning is displayed about the danger of following links from social networks to other sites.
• Blocks attempts to monitor user Internet activity, including on social networks. Blocks all the most common ad network resources and web behaviour analytics that allow user search requests and visited sites to be analysed and the resulting collected data to be used to display specific ads to users.
• Blocks ads (social network advertising plugins embedded in pages of third-party sites, ad networks, flash banners and videos, and separate ad units on a page). User-created site exceptions lists indicate which sites can display ads.
for phishing attempts, malware, unwanted or non-recommended sites
• Scans links before visiting a site
• Scans files (up to 12 MB in size) before downloading them from the Internet
• Checks links in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird
• Detects and checks malformed links
• Sends requests to add specific advertising sites into the Dr.Web database
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.