It is with great sadness we note that, because appropriate APIs are not currently available for WebExtensions, OverbiteFF will cease functioning after Firefox 56. See bug 1247628. It is hoped Mozilla will rectify this situation soon.
For a different way to access Gopher URLs in Firefox 56+, try OverbiteWX. OverbiteWX submits your Gopher URLs and Gopher links to the Floodgap Public Gopher Proxy. Future versions will allow selecting other proxies and eventually direct TCP access when these APIs are available.
- Transparent support: downloads, bookmarks and links act just like any other URL
- Inline view: see documents and images right from a Gopher menu without leaving it
- Enhanced navigation (3.0+): uses CAPS facilities on participating servers to fetch server metadata, allowing easier menu navigation and additional features
- Proxy support: supports SOCKS proxy access
- Customizable skins: create your own CSS skins for menus dynamically
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.