Always miss your favorite streams? Never check your emails from Twitch? Twitch Fox allows you to receive sound and visual alerts for your favorite channels as they come online. It also provides an interface to quickly and easily browse Twitch in its entirety.
Connect your Twitch account directly with Twitch Fox so that you never have to visit the actual website to access and modify your followed channels.
Even more features include:
- Ability to fully browse Twitch, including games, streams, channels, videos, and clips more quickly and more conveniently than on Twitch itself
- Optional audio notifications
- Desktop notifications
- Ability to quickly receive information about Twitch streams, including their status, game being played, number of viewers, a preview image of their stream, and how long they've been online for
- Ability to search any Twitch stream,or channel, where you can quickly follow them, see their status, view their past broadcasts and more
- Ability to search any game on Twitch, where you view the streams playing that game, view the most recent videos in that game, or see recent popular clips featuring that game
When a followed channel comes online, you can choose to receive an audio notification, a desktop notification, both, or neither.
Opening the interface by clicking on the add-on's icon allows you to respond to this alert as well as browse all of your favorite channels, online and offline. From here you can also access the settings, allowing you to modify all of the features described above.
I made this add-on because it didn't seem any other Twitch-related add-on provided a true "alarm" for Twitch, in the sense that similar add-ons tend to play a sound notification only once as opposed to repeating it until a user responds. Originally the add-on was named "Twitch Alarm" and functioned merely as an alarm for Twitch streams, but it now functions as a complete browser and manager for Twitch in the comfort of an add-on.
Feel free to leave a review: this is my first add-on for Firefox and I'd love to hear user feedback. Please report any bugs you come across and I will try to reproduce and fix them. Suggest any feature ideas you have and I will try to implement them. If you are an add-on developer feel free to help the development on GitHub. If you have been greatly positively impacted by this add-on, I'd be very grateful if you donated. I have spent many hours on this add-on without a reason other than self-determination, and any income generated by this at all would greatly encourage me.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.