Search Selected Shortcuts
Often see something on webpage and want to do a Google search of it?
Tired of copying, pasting, and moving mouse all the way to that little search engine box?
Just select the text you want to search, then press some keyboard shortcuts.
- Alt + s: Google search the selected text
- Alt + q: Google search the selected text, but also put them in Double Quotes.
E.g. you've selected, say, theory of everything, then it will do a search of "theory of everything"
- Alt + c: Google search the selected text, but only search in the current site.
E.g. If you are on stackoverflow.com, the search would be like, hackish site:stackoverflow.com
- Alt + i: Google image search
- Alt + w: Wikipedia search the selected text
I've been using this a lot and it doesn't drag me any more when searching the web content. Hope this helps you too.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.