Original Forecastfox Weather add-on for Mozilla Firefox is abandoned October 6, 2012:
Does it mean its death? Of course not! It has been reborn! I brought it back to life!
Now it is called Forecastfox (fix version) and works with all Firefox versions.
!!!!! About version 4.x !!!!!
Sorry, but the statusbar/addonbar is missing in new versions of Firefox.
The current version of Forecastfox is the version for the new API: WebExtensions (supported Firefox and Google Chrome)
WebExtensions not supported "statusbar/addonbar" from xul-addons like as "Addon-bar restored", "Status-4-ever" , etc
These are the inevitable changes in Firefox - all Xul-addons is die in Firefox 57 (November 2017)
Forecastfox WebExtensions Features:
1. Addon Permissions: Access your data for all websites
2. Forecast bar now has 2 mode: Vertical (by default) and Horizontal
3. Forecast bar will not be displayed on some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
4. Forecast bar will not be displayed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
5. Forecast bar will not be displayed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
6. Forecast bar will not be displayed on the WebExtensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."
7. Forecast bar may not be displayed correctly on some sites. In this case, report the problem on the forum
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding!
version 2.4.8 (last for XUL-technology) - is broken: City search does not work
I could not fix and make version 2.4.9, because 2.4.8 uses the outdated version of jQuery
jQuery 1.x is now forbidden by Mozilla, read more: https://bit.ly/1TRIyZY
and I had to choose - either completely rewrite code for WebExtensions (version 3.4) or completely rewrite code for a new jQuery (version 2.4.9)
I chose WebExtensions.
What is Forecastfox?
Get international weather forecasts from AccuWeather.com and display them in any toolbar or statusbar with this highly customizable and unobtrusive extension.
Forecastfox (fix version) - correction relative to the original Forecastfox Weather