TabTrekker - New Tab Page
TabTrekker is not being actively developed at this time. Feel free to view the source code and contribute here.
TabTrekker brings stunning photos to your new tab page and or home page. Explore new locations every day by visiting sprawling cities, quaint villages, breathtaking nature parks, and more.
Time, weather, search, and most visited websites are easily accessible as well.
Help translate TabTrekker!
Report issues and view the source code.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
All images shown are for the same location.
- TabTrekker cycles through images from a new location every 24 hours.
- If the location is not changing even after waiting 24 hours, follow these steps:
- Open about:config and search for [email protected]_lastupdated
- Right click the preference and click reset.
- Open a new tab and you should see the loading screen. Wait for it to finish and see if the location changes.
New tab page is blank or doesn't load.
- Check that none of your installed addons are preventing new tabs from loading.
For example, Tab Mix Plus has an option that replaces all new tabs with a blank page.
- Enter about:config in your address bar and search for browser.newtab.url. The value should look something like this resource://jid1-aahxeyitr16k5q-at-jetpack/tabtrekker/data/tabtrekker.html
- Try reinstalling TabTrekker if the steps above don't fix the issue.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.