This is a Firefox addon to facilitate playing board games on Jocly.
While having the addon installed is not necessary to play on Jocly, it provides a few nice features:
- Browser-level notifications: when your opponent makes its move, the Jocly addon icon in the toolbar animates, even if no tab is open to the Jocly site. The icon also animates if you are invited by someone to play a game. Clicking on the icon open a panel to go directly to the corresponding event: the playing game or the invitation page.
- Quick game access: the addon panel shows the list of available games and allows going directly to the game page to start playing against the computer, invite someone, read the rules, ...
- PJN Viewer: for Chess, International Draughts and English Draughts, whenever you are on a site displaying game transcripts (in PGN format for Chess or PDN for Draughts), you can mouse-select the game text, right-click and pick Open PJN Viewer to see and replay the whole game from a Jocly 3D interface.
You can then enjoy all Jocly features:
- Over 110 Games, and growing...
- Artificial Intelligence to play alone, several levels available
- Remote playing against other users, over minutes or weeks
- Full 3D User Interface: see the board from various angles, zoom in/out, ...
- Video Chat with your opponent while playing: directly in the 3D scene
- ELO based per-game Leader Board
- Replay and analyze played games
- Pure HTML5 technology: no Flash, no Java
- Many more ...
The addon source code is available at https://github.com/mi-g/jocly-firefox-addon
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.