FoxyShack for Firefox adds the following to your experience at shacknews.com/chatty:
- Adds a new icon to Firefox which contains options for all of FoxyShack's features.
- A streamlined new header area to contain all of FoxyShack's features.
- Options to:
- Make the header static (i.e., stay at 0,0 and not scroll with the page).
- Enable a rotating list of links to shacknews' 25 most recent articles.
- Hide the default CSS box shadow.
- A new menu system with not only the standard shacknews links, but also includes a "my posts" link, vanity search, and popular Shacknews community links.
- Live updating of the Shacknews Twitch stream status which will show you when Shacknews is live as well as the game they're playing.
- Live updating of your Shack messages with a message preview on hover.
- Local thread bookmarking to keep track of threads for later (great for following up on contests and interesting discussions).
- Persistent thread collapse.
- Thread re-capping as an alternative to persistent collapse (for threads that you regret expanding but that aren't worth collapsing forever).
- New post highlighter to show you what posts are new as of your last refresh.
- Load images and videos inline.
- For images, it supports links ending in .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, as well as chattypics links and imgur links.
- For videos, it supports youtube links, vimeo links, and vine links.
- A post expiration timer to show you when threads will expire (with a low contrast mode available to create less visual noise).
- A user notes system to keep track of things like the time bipolar pooped his bed three times in two days.
- Upload and insert images from the postbox via a context menu (right click) option.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.