Hover the mouse cursor over any inter-wiki link (link to another article) in Wikipedia and see an excerpt on a overlay hovering box. No need to open in new tab!
Whenever doing research on Wikipedia - you often find yourself encountering many sub-articles and sub-subjects related to your main research subjects. Some of these are only "minor", you just want to know the general idea behind them, without having to open a full article in a new tab and disrupt the reading flow off the main subject.
Improve your research speed and effort on Wikipedia websites with this extension: hover the mouse cursor on any inter-wiki link (link to another wiki article from within a wiki article) - and see an overlay hovering box with an excerpt of the article (including the article image and the first paragraph). This saves you time when you just want to quickly understand the general idea behind some sub articles, and do not want to disrupt the reading-flow off your main subject.
Note, click anywhere on the background to close and hide all visibile hover-boxes (except those "pinned-down").
* Unlimited number of 'wiki-hover' boxes on top of your article.
* Close wiki-hovers or choose to "pin" them down, and make them "stick".
* Click anywhere outside to close and hide all visible unpinned boxes.
* Supports all Wikipedia languages (including RTL languages).
* Supports window resizes.
* You can choose to open the full article in a new tab from within the hover-box.
Send feedback to: [email protected]