Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
IMGoogle - Google Reverse Image Search
IMGoogle (iGoogle formerly) is a tiny restartless addon that enables user to reverse search for an image in Google Image Search by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Google search for this Image". It opens a new page with search result by Google.
The only add-on in this category with the feature to enable searching local files from the computer.
Note: None of my extensions contain any tracking, advertising or privacy infringement.
- Multi Process Compatible (v2.0)
- New Tab is opened next to current one
- Option to open the result Tab in Foreground (v2.2) (default is Background)
- Container Support: New Tab will be opened in the same container (v2.4) (requires cookie permission)
- Sidebar with Drag/Drop and File-Upload (v2.0)
- Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Z to open the Sidebar (FF54.+) (v2.4)
- Works on any site or images on a local web documents opened by the browser (as long as the image source is supported)
Supported image sources are:
http/https, Data URI (v1.3), Local Images: src starting with file:/// (v1.3-1.7 & 2.4), Blob Images (v2.4)
- Access your data for all websites: Used to be able to post to all 'google.*' TLDs
The permission API at the moment doesn't have a system to include a wildcard in TLD and that is the reason a general all sites permission had to be used.
- Display notifications to you: Used to inform users
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.