*** Using Firefox 52 ESR? Please click "Older versions", and install the latest compatible release.
Websites have increasingly begun to rely much more on large third-parties for content delivery. Canceling requests for ads or trackers is usually without issue, however blocking actual content, not unexpectedly, breaks pages. The aim of this add-on is to cut-out the middleman by providing lightning speed delivery of local (bundled) files to improve online privacy.
• Protects privacy by evading large delivery networks that claim to offer free services.
• Complements regular blockers such as uBlock Origin (recommended), Adblock Plus, et al.
• Works directly out of the box; absolutely no prior configuration required.
Note: Decentraleyes is no silver bullet, but it does prevent a lot of websites from making you send these kinds of requests. Ultimately, you can make Decentraleyes block requests for any missing CDN resources, too.
> Simpler introduction: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes/wiki/Simple-Introduction
Am I Currently Protected?
The following testing utility shows you if you are properly protected. It's the recommended and, probably, fastest way to see if this add-on is installed, enabled, and correctly configured.
> Full link to testing utility: https://decentraleyes.org/test
Frequently Asked Questions
> Full link to FAQ: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions
- Supported Networks: Google Hosted Libraries, Microsoft Ajax CDN, CDNJS (Cloudflare), jQuery CDN (MaxCDN), jsDelivr (MaxCDN), Yandex CDN, Baidu CDN, Sina Public Resources, and UpYun Libraries.
- Bundled Resources: AngularJS, Backbone.js, Dojo, Ember.js, Ext Core, jQuery, jQuery UI, Modernizr, MooTools, Prototype, Scriptaculous, SWFObject, Underscore.js, and Web Font Loader.
Is your question not listed above, or do you have any other reason to contact me personally? You can always reach me at [email protected]. Bug reports or suggestions are highly welcome and I reply to every single email.
Feel free to use this public PGP key for encrypted communication.
> Full link to public PGP key: https://decentraleyes.org/3f774aff6d/public-key.txt
Are You Enjoying this Add-on?
Decentraleyes is, and will always be, free, but you can support its continued development by making a Bitcoin donation, by contributing on GitHub, or by spreading the word (which does wonders). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
• GitHub: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes
• Bitcoin: https://decentraleyes.org/donate/bitcoin
• Monero: https://decentraleyes.org/donate/monero