Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
"Manage Search Engines" button
Features: (Version 1.*)
- Open the search engine dialog without using the search bar
- Access the search engine menu by clicking on the panel button (can be changed in the settings restore the old behaviour where the dialog was shown directly)
- Panel button highlighting when new search engines are available (can be disabled)
As you may have heard JetPack- and legacy-based extensions will very likely stop working with Firefox 57 and while updating this extension may be possible (if Mozilla implements the required functionality in time), I do not see any good reason to do so anymore:
This extension was originally written to make it possible to use all the search-engine related features of the browser without having to use the search bar. That can now be achieved without using this extension just as easily.
- The search settings are now easily reachable through the application preferences.
- It is now easy to add engines by right-clicking any search field and selecting the corresponding menu item.
- How often do you change your default search engine? (be honest)
For a while I simply kept this extension around in maintenance-only mode because it was easy to do so. That will now change, so unless somebody writes a comment stating a very use-case they have for keeping it around, I will simply let it rest in peace – so that it may one day suddenly vanish, with life going on as usual.
Interested in adding a translation? Please download this file, follow the instructions and send an e-mail to [email protected] with the translated file! Thank you!
Currently this add-on has been translated into the following languages:
- English (en-US)
- German (de-DE)
- Spanish (es-ES) – thanks strelnic!
If you are using an older version of Firefox (version 37 or older), please stick with version 1.2.1 of this add-on which supports all Firefox version between 24 and 33.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.