The EdgeWise Firefox extension (an enhanced MileWideBack) advances browsing by creating an ergonomically superior environment which is physically fast and easy to use, whereby the entire left margin of the Firefox viewport (the area which displays web content) becomes a "Click-Field" which can be utilized without even looking.
"EdgeWise" is applicable to Firefox versions prior to 57, and will no longer be updated.
Users upgrading to Firefox version 57 (and above) must install the
EdgeWare addon for similar functionality and continued support.
The EdgeWise Actions within the Click-Field allow mouse (or other pointing device) clicks and wheel scrolls to execute specific actions which are grouped in Tab-specific, multiple, nameable, configurations.
The configurations provide single-, double-, long-, and serial-click support, along with wheel scroll support, and can easily be customized via simple drag & drop selections.
Available Actions allow you to quickly and easily perform many functions with minimal hand-eye coordination.
Also, in addition to Actions assigned to mouse-clicks and wheel-scrolls, you can access all of the Actions for immediate execution by ShiftKey + Left-Click (in the Click-Field).
Currently available EdgeWise Actions:
* Audio Focus First Active
* Audio Mute All
* Audio Mute All But Current
* Audio Mute Toggle for Current Tab
* Load previous page in current Tab (Browser 'Back' button)
* Load next page in current Tab (Browser 'Forward' button)
* Load Home page in current Tab
* Reload page in current Tab (Browser 'Reload' button)
* Stop loading current page (Browser 'Stop' button)
* Open EdgeWise Settings panel
* Find string on current page
* Open the Firefox 'Library' (Show All History) window
* Sidebar Toggle History
* Sidebar Toggle Bookmarks
* Show a selection menu to re-open Closed Tabs
* Show a selection menu to go to specific Pages in current Tab
* Scroll to top of current page
* Scroll to bottom of current page
* Scroll down one full screen
* Scroll up one full screen
* Shift current page to the left
* Shift current page to the right
* Make next Tab current (foreground)
* Make previous Tab current (foreground)
* Close current Tab, or take specified action if Last Tab
* Undo Last TabsClose
* Close All Tabs Except Current (no prompt)
* Close All Tabs To Right (no prompt)
* Toggle Reader View
* Create a new blank Tab
* Create a new Tab and load Home page
* Switch between newly-created Tabs opening in the foreground or background
* Open a new Browser window
* Toggle Window FullScreen
* Close Window
* Minimize Browser window to Taskbar
* Full-Zoom enlarge current page
* Full-Zoom reduce current page