The preferences defined on MDN page, "Setting up an extension development environment", as of January 27, 2016 are set up on install/enable of addon. A log of what was changed is shown.
On uninstall/disable of addon, the preferences are reset to "non-production environment" settings. A log of actions taken is shown.
Details of Preferences Changed to Enter Developer Environment
- nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache - True
- browser.dom.window.dump.enabled - True
- devtools.chrome.enabled - True
- devtools.debugger.remote-enabled - True
- extensions.logging.enabled - True
- nglayout.debug.disable_xul_fastload - False (There is a warning on MDN page that warns this should never be set to true in a production environment)
- dom.report_all_js_exceptions - True
- devtools.errorconsole.deprecation_warnings - True
- devtools.debugger.prompt-connection - False
- xpinstall.signatures.required - False
- xpinstall.whitelist.required - False
- extensions.sdk.console.logLevel - "all" (Details: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tools/console)
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.