Custom Standalone Image Backgrounds
With this add-on enabled, you will get a side pane to every image, in which you can choose the color/background of your liking. You can even add or delete the available options with any type of background, be it color, image, gradient etc.
Three presets are included by default, which cannot be deleted : Default dark color, White and Grey.
- Add any custom background preset using the following two methods:
- Click the + icon in the pane left to the image and enter any Color, Gradient or image url in the input box that follows.
- Click on the Picker icon below the + icon, and click on any pixel from the image to choose that color.
- Delete any background preset (except the 3 defaults) by clicking it with the middle moue button.
Some points to note:
- Adding a preset means that the current tab immediately switches to it, while other images will retain their backgrounds. Any new image tab will have this color as the background.
- Deleting any preset will change the background color of all the images to the latest one.
This add-on is a real life implementation of the awesome mockups by Stephen Horlander : https://people.mozilla.com/~shorlander/files/stand-alone-image/stand-alone-image-01.html with, of-course, some additional sugar.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.