Home | Legacy Firefox Extensions | Content Policy | Contact
Awesome Search Extension
Awesome Search Extension
Type "F Mo" (or instead Mo an other folder name, for example "F Foo") in the URL Bar for an example to use it.
I am very sorry that there are still some problems with change settings. Some will only changed in new Firefox windows. I have correct this and there will be a new fixed version available soon.
By following this link you will get a short demo:
A donation is recommended and greatly appreciated. This would help in supporting and adding intended new features (see some suggestions at the bottom of this description) to this Add-on.
"Awesome Search Extension" will increase options using Firefox. There are new ways to use the url bar, bookmarks, library and much more.
These are the main features: You be enabled to search for folder names, tag names, within title and url or content of open tabs, and you will also get enhanced features on search results of the url bar like showing and navigating through folders and tags containing the site url, visiting times and visited sites of the domain.
Disable Add-on without restarting Firefox
You can disable or enable the Add-on function without restarting. The buttons and other elements remain visible. Within settings you find
Search > Position > Option "enable / disable" checkbox "use search"
You can disable respectively enable the Add-on by unchecking or checking the box without restart.
Search in url bar / library
- Names of folder
- Names of tags
- Within title and url of all tabs of window or all windows
- Within content of all tabs of window or all windows
- planned: within sessions of Session Managers
There are different positions to start the search and displaying search results:
- By toolbar button beside the url bar
- A toolbar button free to position
- Search by Prefix (letter at beginning z.B. "F ") in the url bar
- Search while usual search in the url bar
- Search in library
- planned: extra search page for memory performance
- planned: search on "add bookmark" dialog
There are several ways to use the results:
- Open a bookmark / bookmarks or subfolder of folder (resp. tags)
- Goto to position (folder / chronic) in library
- planned: add tab / tabs to folder / child folder
- planned: cut / copy / paste
- planned: delete item
- ... and many more
Extended navigation on results of url bar search (context menu)
Clicking the results (bookmarks and chronic pages) via right mouse button opens a context menu containing folder / tags of the bookmark, visiting times and visited sites of the domain.
There are several ways to use this context menu:
- Show or open other bookmarks (or subfolder) in parent folders or jump to position in library
- Show tags of bookmarks, show /open all / open some bookmarks with same tag (planned: jump to tag in library)
- Looking up last visiting times and jump to freshest position in chronic of library
- Open visited pages from same domain
- Bookmark result if not already bookmarked
- Find similar pages by Google search
- planned: delete result item
- ... and many more
Extended navigation on links or url of displayed page (context menu)
You can also expand the url of the actual tab (by context menu of identity icon or page) or links of the actual page the same way (described above) by a submenu of the context menu.
Therefore you can speed up browsing through folder, tags, visiting times or visited sites of domain.
Below you may find a list of intended additional features.
You are welcome to send me your feedback and suggestions.
By donating, your wishes may have higher priority for me.
- Port to firefox mobile (Android)
- Add tab / tabs to folder / child folder
- Search within sessions
- Drag and Drop
- In "add to bookmarks" dialog
- Time expansion: Show visited sites before and after visit of site in submenu of visit
- Visited sites of domain expansion: Show visiting times of each site with sub menu to show time expansion
- Show Bookmarks with same tags
- Settings to hide displayed informations
- Functions to delete
- And many more ..
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.