ScreenShot on Fail (Selenium IDE)
This plugin will automatically grab a screen shot of the complete web page at the point of test failure. The screen shots are captured for the entire web page and give you an opportunity to review the exact state of the web page when the failures occurred.
Once you install the plugin, a Screenshot on Fail tool button will be available on the Selenium IDE toolbar. See the screen shot.
Mini user guide for the plugin
- Click on the Screenshot on Fail tool button to turn on capturing screen shots on failure.
- Run your test case or test suite to capture page coverage.
- Click on the small arrow next to the Screenshot on Fail icon and then click View failure report menu item to open the failure report.
- This should open all the failure reports or the latest one if you have just executed a test case or test suite.
- Click on the Screenshot on Fail tool button again to turn off page coverage.
To use this plugin, you will need to install Selenium IDE extension of at least version 1.0.4 first.
- A few improvements are in the works, including highlighting the failing element in case it exists.
As usual feel free to leave comments, improvements, advise, criticism, problems on my blog at http://blog.reallysimplethoughts.com/. Please do not use the review here to report issues.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.