This addon is useful to generate url of page or selection into QR code offline. This avoids latency of a page load perceived due to opening a QR code from a generation service.
I often use it to get a video link off my laptop to play it on my mobile within a couple of keystrokes.
Right click (or alt+shift+q) would pop up a jetpack panel showing QR code of the selection, if any. Else, it would show QR code for the active page url
Hotkey would refresh the panel if it's already showing
* QR code generator by Kazuhiko Arase
* rendering qr code generated from above on html5 canvas by Amanuel Tewolde
* 16x16px icon: http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/25689/16/barcode_2d_icon (author page: http://pinvoke.com/)
* 32x32px icon: https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/174693/code_qr_icon#size=32 (author page: http://icons8.com/)
* Font Awesome by Dave Gandy - http://fortawesome.github.com/Font-Awesome
* Copied some styles from Twitter's Bootstrap project :) - http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/
* Special thanks to Nghia Hoang for providing mockups for a UI far better than the developer one I came up with :)