This extension makes easier to use more profiles in Firefox and Thunderbird.
N.B. this extension will not be compatible with Firefox versions > 52, due to the changes decided by Mozilla in extensions support with Firefox
It adds in the File menu two new items to start another profile or the profile manager. The same is provided by an icon that you can put wherever you prefer in the urlbar and/or in statusbar or in addon bar.
From the extension's preferences, you can choose what to do when you launch another profile (close the one in use, don't close it, ask every time - If you choose to run the profile manager in safe-mode, the current profile will be always closed).
It allows also to restart the profile enabling the log of the connections (on Thunderbird) and to open the links with another profile (on Firefox).
At the present the extension is localized in italian, english, german, french, polish, portoguese, hungarian, dutch, polish, swedish, chinese, serbian, romanian. Some locales could be not complete. If you are interested in traslating the extension in other languages, please do it through Babelzilla project.
How you can see the name of the current profile:
1) under the list of profiles the name of current profile is in bold font
2) you can see the name as tooltip on the ProfileSwitcher icon
3) you can add the name to the titlebar from the option
4) you can see the name in the icon in statusbar/addon bar
5) you can see the name as tooltip in the empty space on the tabs bar (just on Firefox)