Are you an avid user of Twitter, Digg, or any other service that regularly exposes you to shortened URLs? Have you ever worried that these links may not lead to where they're meant to, and may damage your computer (or sanity!)? Our extension is here to help. Simply right click on any shortened URL, click "Unshorten this link..." and it will show you where the URL leads.
Based on our brand-new web service Unshorten.it, we offer several advantages over other services:
- Doesn't rely on URL shortener API services, so is far more reliable and will work with nearly all URL shortening services.
- Provides a safety rating based on data from WOT and HPHosts to ensure that the site is safe.
- Provides a screenshot of the website so you can judge the content for yourself without actually visiting.
- Although the context menu will appear for all URLs, if you try to expand a URL that isn't shortened in any way you will likely hit an error message.
- AdF.ly links are incompatible with this service - This is due to the way in which they redirect users and cannot be solved on our end.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.