Dojo Firebug Extension
You can find latest versions of this addon at this url: https://getfirebug.com/releases/dojofirebugextension/ . Please the firefox folder version number that best matches your version.
- Firefox 3.6 with Firebug 1.7.3 and Dojo Extension v1.0.x.
- Firefox 4.0 with Firebug 1.7.3 and Dojo Extension v1.0.x.
- Firefox 5.0 with Firebug 1.7.3 and Dojo Extension v1.0.x.
You can access all previous versions from this url: http://getfirebug.com/releases/dojofirebugextension/
- Firefox 6.0 with Firebug 1.8.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
- Firefox 7.0 with Firebug 1.8.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
- Firefox 8.0 with Firebug 1.8.x / 1.9.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
- Firefox 9.0 with Firebug 1.8.x / 1.9.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
Once there, please choose a folder according to your Firebug version.
The idea of this extension is to provide easy access to some dojo concepts. Coding and debugging time can be reduced by having features to monitor dijits, access higher-level dojo concepts and specific dojo properties (instead of just DOM properties), see the available connections and subscriptions and be able to set breakpoints on those.
With this extension you can:
- View all the widgets registered in the dijit registry (as a Tree or as a plain list).
- View their properties. For each widget you can also switch the view between "dojo specific properties" and "classic DOM properties". For example, whether the widget's startup() method was already invoked or not.
- Highlight dojo widgets in the web page (when you mouse-over them).
- View detached widgets (widgets not yet attached to page).
- View information about the dojo version, dojo-config object, url modules of the loaded page, and the total number of widgets, connections and subscriptions (these numbers are automatically refreshed in the extension UI...useful to detect leaks).
- View all available connections and subscriptions (global to the app), and also connections and subscriptions associated to a "selected" object. You can filter the connections table to find some specific ones to debug.
- Set breakpoints to connections: in the connections's event, in the target method, and in the line where the connection was created (i.e. dojo.connect).
- Set breakpoints to subscriptions: in the target method and where the subscription was created.
- Open documentation associated to a dojo object.
The extension is integrated with the Firebug inspector. You can right-click on a dijit element in the web page and it will be selected/inspected in the extension panels. You can also click the Firebug's inspect button from inside the extension panel and inspect only the dojo elements from your page.
Also, several new visual representations were added to Firebug to better identify dojo objects in Firebug panels.
The Dojo Firebug Extension started as an internal IBM initiative to help IBMers working with Dojo.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.