Good Website Inspector
Important notice The Yslow extension have some issues in Firefox 4.0. The Good Website Inspector is an extended ruleset for Yslow and can not work stand alone. Issues in Yslow have direct impact to this extension.
Who should use Good Website Inspector?
Developer, Advertisement Agencies, Online Product Manager, Online Project Manager and other people interested in modern and high quality web development should use the Good Website Inspector.
You must install Firebug: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/
You must install YSLOW: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5369/
Tips & Tricks / Hints
- You should deactivate the browser cache to prevent failed analyses
- The scores of front pages are often more worse than entry or article pages
- You should only compare the same site types eg. article site from domain a with article site from domain b to get a valid result
- To receive an overall score from the whole site you should test all possible page types like front page, entry detail, category overview and calculate the average score.
- If you are unsure of the given result of a page please try a hard reload (Strg+F5 / Cmd+Shift+R) of the page and apply the ruleset again
- Pages should ever tested with full included components like ads or external widgets or services to get a valid result.
- Please also check the ruleset "Small Site or Blog" from YSLOW to receive additional performance related optimization hints
- You can print or save the result of the rules by pressing the button Printable View!
For more information and rule explanation please visit the http://www.goodwebsiteinspector.com
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.