DOM Inspector Plus! [dm]
For inspecting web content in Multiprocess (e10s) Fx, just open it in a "New non-e10s window" (available at least in nightly)If you want to use this in Fx 58 nightly, use latest RC version! (with <multiprocessCompatible> TRUE). See Development Channel below.
Added in [dm version]:
* HORIZONTAL SCROLL Bar in Dom Tree panel.
* Added new "BOX MODEL Plus" viewer with better layout and more data (see screenshot!).
- scrollTop, scrollLeft, ΔscrollWidth, ΔscrollHeight values only appear if there is at least one nonzero value. "Δ" is "delta", the values are the difference of the visible Width/Height and the total scrollWidth/Height. (you can think of the "delta" values as the invisible part). This "delta" use allows the values to appear *only* when the 'invisible' part is nonzero. (they tipically appear for an object with fixed Width/Height and content inside it that had overflowed)
- Standard Box model stays too, with some styling (column align, etc).
* NEW: with 2 new selectable things: since Version 22.214.171.124
This addon now works with original "Element Inspector" version 0.0.7 !
- 1) By default you can use the "E" key for activating "Computed Style" viewer (see screenshot), so you can easily click & type 'e' to switch to 'Computed Style', 'c' to show css, etc. (in English locale)
You can change or remove that using new string-preference (in about:config):
An empty value will remove this 'accessKey', or you can add accessKeys to several/ALL the viewers, eg. with a value like (JSON format):
that should work also for other languages! (untested with non-latin characters)
- 2) You can put tiny borders and titlebar to inspector window with the boolean-preference:
extensions.domInspectorPlusDm.smallMargin = true
Works only in certain windows systems, like win7 with aero-glass. (I remember seeing it also in Win8 and/or 10)
(Shows partly truncated top-menu when maximized)
Thanks a lot to the author! This James Bond version couldn't inspect less :-)
(You can even leave original DOM-Inspector installed and disabled for watching updates).
FYI: the option "View" -> "Blink Selected Element" is working only for deactivated Hardware acceleration (in Firefox: Options -> Advanced)
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.