Firefox 57+ users
This add-on can not be updated to work with Firefox 57 unless Mozilla add a new way to list the search engines, please see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1352598 for details. If and when that is resolved, this add-on can be resurrected.
In the mean time, I suggest you use the Firefox 52 ESR release (which will continue to work, be supported by Mozilla, and allow you to use existing add-ons until June 2018).
Expands the context menu's 'Search for' item into a list of installed search engines, allowing you to choose a specific search engine every time.
Search engines can be added or reordered in Firefox's Search Toolbar ("Manage Search Engines").
Once the search engine menu is visible:
- Left click to search in a new background tab.
- Middle click to search in a new tab and switch to that tab immediately.
- Ctrl+click to search in a new tab and switch to that tab immediately.
If you have Firefox set to switch to new tabs immediately, the above key combinations will have the inverse effect.
Shift + click opens search results in a new window.
- extensions.contextsearch.clickMenuToSearch: Should clicking on the menu itself search with the default search engine (default false)... note: has no effect if standard menu item is shown, behaviour will be disabled as the standard item is available.
- extensions.contextsearch.hideStandardContextItem: Should the standard menu item be hidden (default true).
- extensions.contextsearch.separatorItems: A comma-separated list of search engines. A menu separator will be added before each.
- extensions.contextsearch.quoteStringsWithSpaces: Automatically surround search strings that contain spaces with quotes).
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.