Due to the upcoming deprecation of XUL-based add-ons, I am stopping development and support for RSS Ticker.
RSS Ticker loads your Live Bookmarks and scrolls their entries across your screen while you surf. It's perfect for staying informed without having to actively browse entries in an RSS reader.
- The ticker can be placed at the bottom of the screen (below the status bar) or at the top of the screen (underneath your bookmarks toolbar).
- You can decide which of your Live Bookmarks you want scrolled in the ticker by right-clicking and choosing "Show in RSS Ticker."
- The ticker and the items in the ticker have a context menu, which allows you to open each item in the current tab, a new tab, or a new window, mark an item as read without opening it, mark an entire feed as read, or mark all feeds as read.
- You can move the ticker back and forth manually using the scrollwheel on your mouse, so if you just missed something interesting, you can easily reverse the ticker and get to the link you want.
- The ticker can be disabled and hidden when you're not using it, unlike many other ticker extensions, by unchecking "RSS Ticker" from the View > Toolbars menu. You can also have it hide itself when it's empty, perfect for saving valuable screen space.
This page is part of the LegacyCollector website.
Disclaimer: All material on this site is property of their respective owners and available under
open licenses to the best of our knowledge. If you are an author and would like anything removed,
then please write an e-mail to legacy [at] collector dot org.