This extension provides advanced features for the address Autocomplete component in Firefox. Its latest version is compatible with Firefox 2, and has been tested on Windows XP and Vista, Linux (Fedora Core 4), and Mac OS X.
Available features include:
* matching against bookmark addresses
* matching against page titles and bookmark names
* matching anywhere in the address, not just the beginning
* changing the sorting criterion to alphabetical by address or title, most frequently visited, most recently visited, or top-level pages first
* completing the best match inline
* temporarily or permanently disabling the suggestion popup
* excluding local pages and pages containing search results
* swapping the address and title columns on the suggestion popup
* highlighting the column where a match was found
* fine-tuning the popup appearance by hiding page titles, changing the number of visible suggestions, and setting the truncation method for long addresses and page titles
If desired, one can always switch back to the default Autocomplete component at any time. The extension also includes numerous fixes for location bar and Autocomplete-related bugs, as well as a rudimentary history manager, which can be used to view, add, and delete individual history entries.
Please see the official extension homepage for a complete list of features and more technical details.
Post any suggestions or bug reports on the following MozillaZine forum, or email me directly using the address on the extension homepage.