Saves and manages frequently-entered text for later pasting into web page forms in Firefox or email and newsgroup messages in Thunderbird. Pasting a clipping is accomplished with just two mouse clicks, eliminating the hassle of retyping or repetitive copying and pasting.
• Easily create a clipping from selected text in a form field or web page body (Firefox), or from selected text in an email or newsgroup message (Thunderbird)
• Save the source web page address (URL) with the clipping
• Make your important clippings stand out with color labels
• Paste clippings into form fields (Firefox) or new email or newsgroup messages (Thunderbird) from the Clippings context menu. Individual clippings can be pasted as rich text if they contain HTML tags.
• Assign shortcut keys to clippings for quicker pasting. To insert a clipping using the keyboard, press ALT+SHIFT+Y (Command+Option+Y on macOS), then the shortcut key.
• Locate the clipping you want to paste by typing its name and selecting it from an autocomplete menu
• Define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available.
• Organize your collection of clippings into folders using Clippings Manager
• Import and export clippings to share with other users
To learn more about Clippings, please visit the Clippings page on the AE Creations website: http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings. First-time users should check out the Quick Start guide at http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/quickstart.php.
Supported Languages: English (United States), German, Greek, Polish, Spanish.
Do you want Clippings in your language? If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation, consider contributing a translation here: https://crowdin.com/project/clippings