How to use:
- Select a single word or a group of words on a web page.
- Right click, choose Vocabulary Highlighter > Add. A dialog will appear. Add a note if necessary, and choose OK.
- The add-on will find the selected text on any opened web pages and highlight them. Newly opened web pages will also be affected.
- If you hover your mouse over highlighted text, a tooltip will display for its note.
How to edit (or remove) highlighted text:
- Right click on the highlighted text, and choose Vocabulary Highlighter > Edit (or Remove).
How to view the added word list:
- Without selecting any text, right click on a web page, and choose Vocabulary Highlighter.
How to edit a database file:
- After exporting the database as an XML file, open it with Microsoft Excel 2003 or later.
- Add, edit, or remove rows and then save the spreadsheet as XML Data (not XML Spreadsheet 2003).
- Import the new file by using Import feature.
- If you are studying English, enable 'Find derivatives of English endings' and 'Matches must have left word boundaries' options in the Pens panel.
- The highlighter will ignore words that were marked 'Do not highlight'. Use this feature when you want to review later without removing them.
- For fast enabling and disabling, drag the Highlighter button from the Toolbar customization panel.